EVERYDAY: EASY SHREDDED BEEF TACOS
I'm all about easy dinners and if we can make it a Mexican dish than that's just a bonus in my opinion (bring on the queso and tacos). I was breaking in my new Le Creuset braiser and was kind of shooting from the hip using up all of our leftover food in the fridge when *BOOM* these delish tacos came together. Don't you love it when that happens?
The meat requires a little thinking ahead (to marinate) but everything else about this recipe is easy-peasy.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
For the marinade:
2 lbs flank steak
1 C. Lime Juice
1/2 C. White Wine Vinegar
1/4 C. Canola oil
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 finely chopped onion
Salt and pepper
2 T. Worcester Sauce
1 finely chopped jalapeno
For the tacos:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup chicken or beef stock
1/4 cup cilantro
HERE'S WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Rinse steak in cold water, rub with some oil, and salt and pepper all surfaces liberally.
3. Blend all ingredients briskly and marinate steak overnight in a plastic bag.
4. Heat oil in large braising dish. Salt & sear meat on either side (about 3 mins per side).
5. Remove steak from pan and set aside. Add peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes to pan. Sauté for about 5 mins.
6. Add stock to vegetables and steak back to pan, cover and place in oven. Cook for 45 mins to an hour (until beef is tender and you can easily shred it).
You're ready to build your tacos! We used warm flour tortillas and topped with more lime juice, avocado and Mexican crumbling cheese but you can top with whatever floats your boat.
ALSO if you live in the Atlanta area and are looking to add to your Le Creuset collection then you need to go to the Factory to Table event! All categories will be represented including Cast Iron, Stoneware, Enamel on Steel, Stainless Steel, Toughened Non-Stick, Tools and Wine Accessories, with discounts up to 70% off retail prices. Make sure to get your tickets to reserve your spot at the event here. Le Creuset makes great Christmas gifts!
#beeftacos #recipe #easyrecipes #easyweeknightrecipes #tacotuesday #taconight